Are you noticing that your erections are not as hard as they were before? If so, there is a clear sign that not all is well with your overall health. Why is this so? The simple reason is that your penis hardness or erectile strength is the fastest indicator of, not only your sexual health, but also your physical health. To understand this, you need to understand how the penis gets hard or how an erection occurs.
An erection occurs when blood is pumped and trapped in the penis chambers. The more blood is trapped in there, the harder your erections. In order to achieve rock hard erection, you need to have:
1. healthy and elastic blood vessels
2. well functioning heart
3. healthy brain
4. healthy neural connections
5. adequate levels of nitric oxide that relaxes blood vessels in your body
6. healthy levels of testosterone
As you can see, it does take a lot for a man to achieve a healthy, rock hard erection. Simply put, when your penis is rock hard, you are in great shape and physically healthy.
Working backwards, you can infer that there is a powerful connection between weak, unsustainable erections and common health ailments in men. These include obesity, high cholesterol levels, hypertension, depression, sleep disorders, diabetes, and heart disease.
Long before your arteries become clogged (atherosclerosis) and put you at risk of heart failure, your penis will feel it first. These unhealthy cholesterol and fat in your body will first clog up your tiny penile vessels, restricting blood flow and causing a softer erection. You may not be conscious of it but your bad eating habit and diet could well be affecting your health in subtle ways. If you pay attention to the health and hardness of your penis, you can get an early warning sign that may well save your life.
To prove that this is not all talk and no substance, consider a new study of 2,400 men conducted by researchers at the University of Bristol, in England. In this study, men who reported that they had sex and orgasms at least three times a week were half as likely to have a heart attack or stroke as those who had less sex. Does this mean that having more sex reduces your risks of getting heart attack, stroke and and so on? Not really.
Actually, what this study confirmed is that being fit and healthy allows you to have sex as much as you want. The ability to have strong erections and good sex three times a week is an indication that you are healthy and in good physical shape and therefore less likely to suffer from the health conditions mentioned above. Treat your penis as your personal health barometer – the harder your penile erection, the better shape you are in, physically.
So what can you do to get that hard penis again? Here are some useful tips:
1. Cut the fat from your diet – this one is obvious. The fat you consume, the more fatty deposits you put into your arteries and the weaker your erections get.
2. Exercise more regularly. The more you burn those fat, the less will be left over to be deposited on your blood vessels and the harder your penis will get.
3. Consume more sexual and testosterone friendly foods like vegetables, fruits like banana, spices,etc. These will help improve testosterone and nitric oxide levels and help blood circulation
4. Include herbal aphrodisiac supplements in your diet. These men’s sexual health supplements contain powerful herbs that can help improve your blood circulation, raise your testosterone levels, increase your semen and sperm production and nourish your prostate gland for optimal sexual health.
If you need help to find the best herbal sexual supplements for men or to lose that unhealthy, unwanted, excess fat around your body, then do take a look at the author resource box below for more info.